Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A SoS update

"album cover" pose before rocking out to Taking Back Sunday
 June 10. That was the last time I posted in this blog. I promised myself I was going to do better with writing. And even though there is a lack of it going on here, I have actually done well with that promise.

A few weeks after that post, I answered a tweet about contributing to an online magazine named CONFRONT. The funny thing about a guy typing those words from Alabama is that the magazine is based out of Montreal. Yeah, in Canada.

Shortly after the initial correspondence I was accepted and named a contributor. And since then I have posted quite a bit to the site in the form of music news, album reviews, a couple show reviews and a few interviews.

This blog will probably be updated with my top 25 songs of the year and possibly end of the year awards. A tradition in my writing - a most anticipated list with my friend Mike - will hopefully make a return but in possible plans it may show up in audio form.

Below are a few highlights from my short time there. Click if you would like to see what I've been up to.

An interview with Brad Shultz of Cage the Elephant (I'm most proud of that one)

A look at the music of Lorde

A review of a Taking Back Sunday show

A review of the newest album from The Swellers (in which I compare it to the Fast and Furious franchise)

A look at the music of Avicii

A look at "Vessel" by Twenty One Pilots (one of my favorite albums this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...