Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Music Sunday: Songs In Movies Week 1

The theme for this August's Music Sunday is songs I've seen in movies that added to whatever scene they were applied in and/or I became excited to hear.


Today I had what is commonly referred to as a "lazy Sunday." I finished the first two seasons of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," went on a Taco Bell run and played a few games in NCAA 12. Then I figured I would add to my day of doing nothing and watch a movie. I have more than 70 titles in my Netflix instant queue so I decided to go with one that was sitting in my DVD queue for the longest time until I saw it was on instant: "The Fighter."


Since this isn't necessarily a movie blog I won't go in to a long-winded review and I will keep it simple: I really liked it. I thought it was a different approach than movies of this type and it was honestly different than what I thought it was going to be when I saw the trailer (which is actually a good thing).

But the songs played in the movie were on point. Artists included Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones. But I started to smile when I heard the first few notes to "Strip My Mind" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I thought it was played at a perfect point and got me ready for where the movie was about to go.

So let's take it back to 2006's Stadium Arcadium and enjoy "Strip My Mind"



note: After looking for this video on youtube, I came across the comment that summed up my feeling exactly:



"wasn't big on this song, then heard it in 'the fighter' and it just gave it a different depth, love it now
damn that film has a good playlist"

2 comments:

  1. I told you it wasn't like The Wrestler!

    I thought the use of Strip My Mind was perfect for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Fighter. Christian Bale was mesmerizing.

    Lazy Sundays, or Fat Sundays once football season gets nto full swing, are possibly my favorite. Any chance you want to hop on my coma couch with me one of these days? Netflix and Beer. And football.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...